- Identify what you need to clarify e.g. Selection of Units, Appropriateness of Training and Assessment Methods, Course Duration, Relevant Legislation, Industry Updates e.t.c.
- Decide who you’re going to clarify it with e.g. Industry Skills Council, Industry Employers, Industry Employees, Government Bodies e.t.c. Using sources such as Industry Websites and Publications can also provide clarification on things you are unsure of.
- Identify the most appropriate method(s) for consultations e.g. Email, Phone, Questionnaire e.t.c.
- Decide what kind of evidence is needed to show that consultations have taken place.
- Do it!
- It’s always good to include a summary report of your consultations. It refreshes your memory and is an excellent supporting document for audit.
- Think of it as high school mathematics – You need to show how you got to the final answer.
© Mario Gallo 2012. All rights reserved.